• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
DLA really do have the worst grad rec of all time. Over a week since I requested reasonable adjustments for the VI - and still nothing.

Meanwhile Hogan and CMS replied straight away. Literally every other firm has responded in the same day too.
I waited almost 3 weeks for the adjustments to be put in, they don’t have a contact number so I just sent a follow up email after a bit.

Not sure if you’ve already done this but if you sign up to the video interview platform, there’s a section to fill in about adjustments too, I didn’t realise so did that later, but it’s possible emails get lost in the mix

Reactions: Jessica Booker

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    If you get an email that says you have been moved to the next stage by someone from the firm's HR team is it good practice to reply to that email, thanking them for moving you to the next stage?
    I would! Usually in the email, there should be details of next steps so you can hit two birds with one stone by thanking them and also acknowledging the other parts of the email (such as confirming whether you’ll be attending the interview or AC)

Reactions: atlas2425

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Thats really good, I applied yesterday because I did not know about their diversity scheme, I really hope I am not too late...
    So you can only apply for one scheme per cycle! Which is really weird because the website lets you create multiple applications. You could try your luck and make an application for the diversity access scheme too. Worst case, they make you choose between the two

Reactions: SalmaNasser

SalmaNasser

Star Member
    Oct 16, 2023
    So you can only apply for one scheme per cycle! Which is really weird because the website lets you create multiple applications. You could try your luck and make an application for the diversity access scheme too. Worst case, they make you choose between the two
    I only applied for the diversity scheme for Fieldfisher. I am just worried that I am late with the application because it is rolling.

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    I waited almost 3 weeks for the adjustments to be put in, they don’t have a contact number so I just sent a follow up email after a bit.

Not sure if you’ve already done this but if you sign up to the video interview platform, there’s a section to fill in about adjustments too, I didn’t realise so did that later, but it’s possible emails get lost in the mix
    Yeah I know and I have. Is DLA VI prep untimed? If it is I would rather not have the extra time to answer tbh lmao

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If you get an email that says you have been moved to the next stage by someone from the firm's HR team is it good practice to reply to that email, thanking them for moving you to the next stage?
    You can do, but there is no need to. Plenty of people don’t. The only exception would be if the firm has asked you to acknowledge the email or there is information you need to respond with.

Reactions: AlexJ and atlas2425

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.