• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Application Update - Last posted 17/10/23

Bank of England Trainee solicitor programme - Completed online tests
    White and Case WVS- Application sent
    Hogan Lovell TC- Application sent
    Hogan Lovell Lift off - WG Complete
    NRF WVS - Application sent (No test received assuming PFO)
    Stephenson Harwood WVS - Application sent
    Cleary Gottlieb WVS - Application sent
    Travers Smith WVS -Application sent
    Gowling TC - Application sent
    Mayer Brown TC - Application Sent
    CMS TC - WG invite (to be completed)
    A&O TC - Application Sent (test and Vi to be completed)

PFO Heaven
    Sidley - PFO
    Jones Day - PFO
    Slaughter and May TC - PFO
    Linklaters - Failed WG - PFO
    Simmons - Failed VI - PFO
    Clifford chance TC - Failed WG - PFO

Pending Applications
    Mischon De Reya SVS - Application Pending
    HSF SVS - Application Pending
    Freshfields - Application pending

I am not applying to any Summer Vacation schemes online winter, possibly Spring and Direct TC.
    Has anyone done of the firms above and have progressed further than I have and when did you apply?

Not feeling very hopeful at all!
    Hey, when did you hear back from BoE?

NW Law

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    I don't think they send invites in batches!
    They might not, I am unsure! When I received my invite and had to book our group exercise (it felt a bit weird being able to choose when you did your group exercise!). I saw there were three slots available for both Wednesday and Thursday next week - none were greyed and all seemed pretty free still, so might have just rushed to book it!

Reactions: Louise59

plteo22

Standard Member
    Nov 1, 2023
    They might not, I am unsure! When I received my invite and had to book our group exercise (it felt a bit weird being able to choose when you did your group exercise!). I saw there were three slots available for both Wednesday and Thursday next week - none were greyed and all seemed pretty free still, so might have just rushed to book it!
    Ah Congrats! Should I assume no news is bad news then or is it still too early to tell?

NW Law

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    Ah Congrats! Should I assume no news is bad news then or is it still too early to tell?
    I would probably say it is too early to tell (at least from what I can see). Friday the 3rd is when people need to choose their dates - so I would not be surprised if more invites are out today and tomorrow. It is quite possible they have another AC later on - but given how close it is to their dates, I am not sure!

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    So strange! I submitted my application the day after you did and I still haven’t heard back from them yet.
    Last year i applied 01/11/22 and i was declined 28/11/22 so nearly a month after! I think they really look at your answers to the application questions as mines last year were soo bad but i also gained work experience in my grad job this year that has a maths element, I don't think A level's are looked at. Hope you hear back soon!

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    For anyone who has applied both HL lift off and the WVS - did you have to complete the WG twice? They sent me two links but I'm hoping once I do the WVS one then that is it.
    I applied for lift off and TC and i have a WG for lift off only as TC ones are sent in December. i assume if i fail the lift off one i can retake the TC one?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.