• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabesheridansmith

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 2, 2024
Can anyone advise on whether having coffee chats during a VS is essential?

I don’t want it to come across forced & feel as though I’d only really be able to build a relationship after 2/3 days so it would be towards the end of the scheme anyway…

I find that natural talking opps tend to present themselves during the workday organically, so I don’t want to stress over slotting in coffee chats unless it’s absolutely essential??
I didn't have any coffee chats during my VS which I converted. Only spoke with others outside my team during the intentional set-up networking sessions

• ℹ️
Reactions: sm99

ayiiii05

Esteemed Member
Nov 10, 2023
US firms tend to enforce the academic rules more strictly than others but as an ABB is still quite good you could probably get by if you do well in University and write out your mitigating factors correctly.

65% is fine but some US firms like to see those 70s.

Good luck!
For sure about the 65%, I have already secured 1:1s in two modules so I am hoping I finish 2nd year with a 1st overall. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.