• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb15

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2021
For the MoFo app, is there no word limit for the questions? Cant seem to find it.
And if so, how many words would you suggest writing per question?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yes, it did go through and I got the email but on the system, the application time was recorded as 00:05. I was panicking so I didn't even get a chance to save the application to my PC or do a final review before sending it off.
You are not going to be able to change the time the application was submitted - I don’t think it is worthwhile worry about this now, what is done is done.

flower

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 31, 2023
    anyone else waiting to hear back from Skadden?
    Turns out that I got an AC invite on Wednesday but had no clue about it till today when I decided to log on to Allhires. I just assumed that I would get an email from the firm, so just a heads up for anyone whose submitted an app - check the app system for any updates.

deeja

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 1, 2023
    Why would you like to pursue a career as a solicitor at Covington? (300 words) For this question, do we also need to go into why commercial law?

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    what was that ashurt's cognify test, I feel so frustrated when I spent time on an application to then be assessed on whether I can do my basic maths right in 30 seconds or if I can separate an eyebrow twitch for being happy or sad WHAT 😭 now I wish I hadn't even spend time writing an app, bring the WG back man what was that

Legalitaly

Jan 6, 2024
    Yes. I got the exact same thing. I emailed recruitment team and they responded that I cannot take the test because I cannot take it twice in less than 12 months (I applied last cycle for direct TC). So now I am worried if this means an automatic rejection even that I improved my application, because I got a PFO last time and I am not sure if the test was the reason.
    Hope that helps.
    Me too! Sounds like complete non-sense to me though.

Reactions: crt1s

addy2004

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 28, 2023
    what was that ashurt's cognify test, I feel so frustrated when I spent time on an application to then be assessed on whether I can do my basic maths right in 30 seconds or if I can separate an eyebrow twitch for being happy or sad WHAT 😭 now I wish I hadn't even spend time writing an app, bring the WG back man what was that
    Literally just finished it too, I got so stressed when building the blocks 😭 spent so long on the personal statement for what! Also the report at the end was so vague

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.