• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

addy2004

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 28, 2023
    For Ashurst SVS, if I submit on 4th and it is due 5th, when do I need to do the test by? I have work on the 5th too so I cannot do it then, and I can't find information on the website.

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Mischon PFO. Bit of a weird one for me cause it wasn't a firm that's high up on my list, but I thought my answers were particularly good.

Starting to think there's just more and more luck involved in getting past the application stage, specially since some of the ones I have gotten past I did really quickly and they were very impersonal.

Maybe my judgement on the quality of my application is the problem.

Regardless, onto the next.
    Mischon already sending out PFO's and I haven't even sent mine in yet...

Reactions: trainingcontract

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Mischon PFO. Bit of a weird one for me cause it wasn't a firm that's high up on my list, but I thought my answers were particularly good.

Starting to think there's just more and more luck involved in getting past the application stage, specially since some of the ones I have gotten past I did really quickly and they were very impersonal.

Maybe my judgement on the quality of my application is the problem.

Regardless, onto the next.
    I agree!!

EllaClayton

Valued Member
    Jan 23, 2023
    Just a more general question — is it common practice for firms to reimburse for travel and hotel expenses for an interview/AC?
    Never done it myself as it’s my first application season, but I know of several people who had been travelling from Scotland down to London for ACs who all get reimbursed for travel, not sure about hotel expenses though.

Reactions: legalgrinch and kcr

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just a more general question — is it common practice for firms to reimburse for travel and hotel expenses for an interview/AC?
    Travel yes, hotels less likely. But worthwhile speaking to the firm if they have not made this clear when they have invited you through to interview stage.

Reactions: kcr

legalgrinch

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 30, 2023
    Is anyone still waiting to hear from Linklaters? I have just seen ACs from those who attended open days..???

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.