• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglaworbust

Jun 29, 2023
Anyone heard back from Linklaters for Summer VS? I completed the online assessment (SJT & WG) Dec 13th ish. Also on my "Assessment Development Report" my highest scoring attributes were Respect and Critical Thinking with my lowest scoring attributing being Motivation. Anyone have any insight as to whether that is what they are looking for?

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
I jus wrote a cover letter for Ashurst, tell me why the next 2 app qs underneath is tell me what you know about Ashurst + why you applying and what do you think a commercial lawyer does 😭 what was the point of the cover letter then PLEASE
It is not a cover letter. It is a personal statement to talk about yourself. You don't need to mention your motivation to the firm in the 750 words paragraph. You can do it in the second question. (the GR covered this in a firm event)

May be overthinking this, Travers Smith ask within their application
If a direct process for a training contract was a possibility would you prefer to take this route rather than attend a scheme?

Just wondering why this is? Would they offer you the possibility of a direct training contract instead of a VC if too many people applied?

miunevie

Jan 1, 2024
Hi, was wondering if anyone knows which firms aren't so picky about first year grades? No "legit" ECs, but I was HEAVILY influenced by someone whom I was in a toxic relationship with and wasn't studying as I should've, and I was also constantly going through mental battles. I had two horrendous grades of the five exams I took. Truly, truly horrendous. I did several legal work experiences back to back during the summer, and am involved in many clubs and societies. Feeling incredibly discouraged. Where on earth could I even apply to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.