• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Thanks! And one more additional question: because on the Hogan Lovells's application form, there isn't any space to include the extra-activities, so should I include it in this area or I should include my volunteer experience in the work experience part?
You can talk about one extra-curricular activity and one volunteer experience and balance your answer. Alternatively, if you do not have enough work experience in your opinion, I probably would include the volunteering experience in the work experience section, I think it is up to you and what you feel you want graduate recruitment to know about you!

Reactions: TC seeker

Ifeoluwa

Standard Member
Mar 28, 2019
I tried to apply and when I selected "would require a visa sponsorship etc." in their application, it told me I couldn't continue. I therefore don't think they offer visa sponsorships!
If this is for TC, they do. Two grad rec told me that they do offer visa sponsorship but it is not automatic. They will review it on a case by case basis.

baj5

Oct 19, 2023
I am in serious need of application feedback, not so much in terms of actual writing but whether I have the right profile/ grades for big law. Would it be appropriate to reach out to graduate recruitment in one of the firms am I interested in applying? If not, anyone have any recs? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.