• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

liseazurite

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
Guys not to stress anyone out but if anyone was wondering about HL Lift Off, I messaged one of the members of GR and they said that the successful applicants have been contacted already. I know I was wondering about it so hopefully this satisfies someone's curiosity lol :)
Did anyone here get a positive response yesterday then…?

user254

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2020
    As long as you got the main points out, I don’t think it should be a problem. If you only had about 20 seconds left of points to make then it’s not too bad. If you still had 1 minute plus left of points to make then I’d be a bit worried
    Were all your Q’s scenario based like the practice question? Someone on here messaged me and said they had more standard interview Qs e.g why law, why the firm etc. so worried mine were so different!

Zaakir

Valued Member
    May 9, 2023
    Guys not to stress anyone out but if anyone was wondering about HL Lift Off, I messaged one of the members of GR and they said that the successful applicants have been contacted already. I know I was wondering about it so hopefully this satisfies someone's curiosity lol :)
    That’s not true- I was at their open day and they were literally screening candidates during the day

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

TC seeker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    It really depends on what you feel you were not able to discuss in the other answers and throughout the application questions. I remember that when I applied to the firm I talked about all the scholarship that I got from high school until university, volunteering experiences, and anything I was not able to discuss in my applications like being selected for a EU project around citizenship and equality in Italy.

I feel like anything that make you an interesting candidate should be mentioned but mainly, scholarships and awards and volunteering experiences are something you can always mention.

I hope that helps and good luck with the application!
    Thanks! And one more additional question: because on the Hogan Lovells's application form, there isn't any space to include the extra-activities, so should I include it in this area or I should include my volunteer experience in the work experience part?

Reactions: axelbeugre

Legally_Brunette1999

Oct 12, 2023
    Update: still got no news from PwC but I did get an invite for the Irwin Mitchell VI last Monday, only to completely forget that I should have had it in by yesterday *insert facepalm* I just frantically did it now, but I'm definitely not holding my breath that I've managed to get to the next stage. This is just karmic payback for impulse applications, isn't it?

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.