• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If slaughters asks me for more information ie submit breakdown of final grade on this course is this a good sign? @Jessica Booker
It may just be a standard process to ask people for this information if they haven’t provided it so they can make a clear judgement on your application with all the necessary information.

Reactions: Amjaya

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
"Describe a specific instance where you have utilised artificial intelligence (AI) or other technologies in your work or studies. How have these tools enhanced your personal development? 200 words"

Does anyone know an example which would signal a good experience using such technologies? All I can think of using an AI review tool for my university essays/vac scheme application. I don't think they will suffice as a relevant demonstration of competency when using technical skills.
'Writing this application'

Reactions: Akimbo001

Thom&as

Feb 27, 2024
Hi @Jessica Booker , in the Clifford Chance TC application, it says 'please tell us about your extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility and an achievement of importance which you are most proud of. How will these experiences help you excel as a Clifford Chance lawyer?'

I'm not entirely sure how to structure this. Do I mention one of each 'extra-curricular', 'position of responsibility' and 'achievement of importance' and link it to how it will help me excel? Do you recommend I mention multiple examples for each category?

Also, problematically, I have not had an official 'position of responsibility' since sixth-form. I've had various roles where I've had a lot of responsibility like being an English teacher in Europe, and I have demonstrated leadership in numerous situations like during my legal internship and law degree, so would it be fine to use these examples instead?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker , in the Clifford Chance TC application, it says 'please tell us about your extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility and an achievement of importance which you are most proud of. How will these experiences help you excel as a Clifford Chance lawyer?'

I'm not entirely sure how to structure this. Do I mention one of each 'extra-curricular', 'position of responsibility' and 'achievement of importance' and link it to how it will help me excel? Do you recommend I mention multiple examples for each category?

Also, problematically, I have not had an official 'position of responsibility' since sixth-form. I've had various roles where I've had a lot of responsibility like being an English teacher in Europe, and I have demonstrated leadership in numerous situations like during my legal internship and law degree, so would it be fine to use these examples instead?
I would try to utilise as much variety as possible (not just one example for each), with the exception of the achievement you are most proud of, which should only be one example.

Positions of responsibility need to be outside of your contracted job(s). So if you took on additional responsibilities as an English teacher (eg you delivered out of school tuition) or on your legal internship you were actively involved in an employee network group or fundraising activity, then this would count. But if it’s just general responsibilities as part of a job or degree, I wouldn’t list these.

Reactions: Thom&as

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.