• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worried graduate

Legendary Member
Mar 25, 2024
In classic “A worried final year” style, I might be getting an AC for an in-house SQE TC.

Unfortunately, this has come a few days after I have booked the flights for a family holiday and even gave notice to my part-time job.

I still haven’t had the exact date and had been waiting to hear since April (they told me I would have a telephone interview and then skipped this step in May to an AC) with little information or updates until a few hours ago.

How sympathetic are firms to these sorts of situations and if I hassled them enough would they give more details so that I could find some sort of arrangement.

No hotel/accomodation has been booked and the plan was to go for around 3-4 weeks with the AC date working out around 10 days in and the flights were pretty cheap thankfully.

They are also yet to guarantee that I will even be invited to the assessment centre which makes things particularly difficult.

Szofi66

Esteemed Member
Oct 22, 2023
Is the Trowers test automatic? Literally rushed the application.

I

I think it is.
Apparently it is not, the brochure on the exact application process from their website says that only successful applicants receive the test. Also, I submitted my application days ago and received the test today, so I doubt its automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.