• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwright

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 10, 2023
    I was in a similar position to you going into my final year. During my third year, I applied for non-assessed vacation schemes and work experience, which are often a little less competitive and have a shorter application process. I guess you could do the same with assessed vacation schemes. I then on the back of the work experience applied to two direct training contracts (I made sure I chose firms which didn't do a vacation scheme) and it was pretty successful for a first cycle. Even just writing that I had upcoming work experience was enough to get an assessment day.
    That is super helpful - informative and reassuring! Thank you so much - I really appreciate your response. :D

LB24

Valued Member
    Sep 26, 2023
    Anyone heard anything from AG? Or reckon they are waiting now until the deadline before they respond (even though in their application reminder email they said they were rolling)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.