• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
This is what I'm thinking too lol so many firms where people seem to have only been rejected and so many who said they'd open and haven't so doesn't seem far fetched
Hey all - my weekly check-in. Hope your app cycle is going well ... Mine has been a mix of :D😭🙃 :rolleyes: 😠😣😥(iykyk).
I wish I had applied to more firms earlier in the cycle but at the same time don't think my mental health could take any more rejections.

Honestly, I am slowly beginning to think that a lot of firms don't actually have TCs available and might just be opening apps for the sake of it (this is just my opinion but would love to hear anyone's opinion on this?)

Anyway hope we all hear good news in the upcoming weeks ...

Reactions: EzeLaylor

AS24

Distinguished Member
Apr 16, 2024
Hi @Jessica Booker, I am answering this question "Please use this section to tell us anything else that you feel would support your application. Examples can include, but are not limited to, key achievements, successes, non-academic interests, your skills etc. "

May I ask you if I need to provide specific examples where I demonstrated key skills? Or should I write about interests, achievements and the skills I demonstrated?

Thank you in advance/

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, I am answering this question "Please use this section to tell us anything else that you feel would support your application. Examples can include, but are not limited to, key achievements, successes, non-academic interests, your skills etc. "

May I ask you if I need to provide specific examples where I demonstrated key skills? Or should I write about interests, achievements and the skills I demonstrated?

Thank you in advance/
It really depends on what you are putting in this question, but if you are claiming a skill I would always evidence it rather than just claiming it. Try to be specific in how you have developed the skill too.

Reactions: AS24

Soniastudent

Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2022
Hi @Jessica Booker ! Maybe this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I wanted to apply to the Freshfields TC, but I applied in the past, got through the application stage, and failed at the WG. I was wondering if it was worth applying again as I have been able to practice the WG?

I was also wondering if I need to change my application or if I can keep it the same. I was thinking of adding something in the cover letter to explain why I am applying again even after failing the WG.

I would love your thoughts on this! Any tips to pass the WG would also be appreciated. Thank you so much :))

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker ! Maybe this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I wanted to apply to the Freshfields TC, but I applied in the past, got through the application stage, and failed at the WG. I was wondering if it was worth applying again as I have been able to practice the WG?

I was also wondering if I need to change my application or if I can keep it the same. I was thinking of adding something in the cover letter to explain why I am applying again even after failing the WG.

I would love your thoughts on this! Any tips to pass the WG would also be appreciated. Thank you so much :))
How long has it been since your last application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.