TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

CP2000

Star Member
Mar 4, 2024
At this point the rejections are ruining my mental health, at what point do I give up? Taking a break isn’t really an option because starting years later than I want to is even more depressing
Hey, I know exactly how you feel as starting my TC later sounds so daunting and depressing. What really helps me is setting myself clear deadlines and actually sticking to them. So for example, I will write and send off X number of apps in 2 weeks and then give myself a guilt-free break & freedom (even if it is just for a week lol). But ultimately if you’re really struggling then I think it’s important to prioritise your mental health, no matter how hard that might be. My DMs are open if you ever need a chat❤️

Kodak123

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
At this point the rejections are ruining my mental health, at what point do I give up? Taking a break isn’t really an option because starting years later than I want to is even more depressinkeep

At this point the rejections are ruining my mental health, at what point do I give up? Taking a break isn’t really an option because starting years later than I want to is even more depressing
Keep pushing champ! You got this just keep on believing in yourself!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
what is the protocol with handshakes in in person interviews these days? haven't done an in person one before (ACs were virtual and Ive done only VIs before). if they do not initiate a handshake is it polite to do so or no longer the norm? are there any other changes post pandemic to be aware of in terms of decorum? @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre thank you!
I tend to not do them anymore - it is a real shift in the last 5 years or so, and mostly driven from the pandemic although there are various groups of people who don't do handshakes too so its become more of a consideration for those who don't. So I wouldn't worry if you are not seen to instigate one - your interviewers are more likely to do so if they feel it is appropriate and even if that is the case, if you are someone who doesn't shake hands you can explain this.

Reactions: LawEnthus

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.