Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For an oral presentation at an AC, am I okay to have some notes with me or do I need to memorise it off by heart? @Jessica Booker
You can have notes - I would not expect people to have it rehearsed and even if they did, that wouldn't seem very natural/genuine.

Notes, rather than a script, are fine to use.

CP2000

Star Member
Mar 4, 2024
For a commercial awareness question, when being asked what challenges/opportunities the firm is currently/could be facing, are we supposed to bring up generic issues like AI, economy, etc (and then apply it to the firm), or is it better to bring up something more niche and explain how it can affect the firm's specific sector?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For a commercial awareness question, when being asked what challenges/opportunities the firm is currently/could be facing, are we supposed to bring up generic issues like AI, economy, etc (and then apply it to the firm), or is it better to bring up something more niche and explain how it can affect the firm's specific sector?
Either approach is fine to take - it’s one of those questions where there are lots of different “right” answers and therefore lots of different approaches you can take.

If you do go with more generic topics, you can still focus on how it impacts that specific firm.

• 🤝
Reactions: CP2000

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.