Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Training Contract Offer at Boutique private client firm. It's everything I've ever wanted!!!!!! 💃💃💃💃💃💃
Amazing news! Congratulations!!

Season 2 Cheer GIF by Peacock

• Love
Reactions: LillyandSilver

LawfulRust00

Legendary Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    Very pleased to say that I have officially signed my training contract with a US/international law firm. It has been a long winding, challenging and frankly humbling journey to get to this point. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank this forum for being an excellent source of support, guidance and encouragement throughout my application cycles over the last few years.

If I could offer advice to applicants in one word, it would be ‘resilience’, with ‘persistence’ being a close second. It may sound basic and cliche on the surface but really it is about somehow recycling the negative energy and using the feedback from the rejections to propel you forwards and dusting yourself down ruthlessly after them. To those in the trenches, all the best and keep at it, your time will come if you keep doing the right things.

EzeLaylor

Star Member
  • Oct 15, 2021
    Hey all - my weekly check-in. Hope your app cycle is going well ... Mine has been a mix of :D😭🙃 :rolleyes: 😠😣😥(iykyk).
    I wish I had applied to more firms earlier in the cycle but at the same time don't think my mental health could take any more rejections.

Honestly, I am slowly beginning to think that a lot of firms don't actually have TCs available and might just be opening apps for the sake of it (this is just my opinion but would love to hear anyone's opinion on this?)

Anyway hope we all hear good news in the upcoming weeks ...

Hello,

I have applied for a direct TC at Dentons commencing 2026 Scotland, Central Belt. I have completed the application and legal high potential assessment and was invited to completed to complete a video roughly three weeks later.

Has anyone completed the video interview, and if so, what kind of questions did they ask? Is it mainly competency, motivational, commercial etc?

It would really help my preparation if I had some specific questions or general question areas that I could focus on.

Hello,

I have applied for a direct TC at Dentons commencing 2026 Scotland, Central Belt. I have completed the application and legal high potential assessment and was invited to completed to complete a video roughly three weeks later.

Has anyone completed the video interview, and if so, what kind of questions did they ask? Is it mainly competency, motivational, commercial etc?

It would really help my preparation if I had some specific questions or general question areas that I could focus on.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys,

Can anybody suggest a good paralegal cover letter template? I work in a different industry but, if the salary is right, I might apply for a paralegal position. I would appreciate your help and thank you in advance. @Jessica Booker, do you have any tips?
    I would ensure it covers why the firm, why the opportunity (including why that specific practice area/department) and why you. It wouldn’t need to be any more than a page long.

Try to tailor as much of this to the job description by picking out key qualities they are looking for or responsibilities you would have as a paralegal.

Reactions: AS24

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.