• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
Is it worth sending an application to white and case direct TC? I have heard that their direct route is pretty weak. I work full time as a legal counsel in the EU so a vacation scheme is out the question due to visa/time off.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it worth sending an application to white and case direct TC? I have heard that their direct route is pretty weak. I work full time as a legal counsel in the EU so a vacation scheme is out the question due to visa/time off.
If you want to apply to the firm, and it’s the only reasonable route for you, I would apply no matter what the perceived odds are. They will want to find candidates like yourself via a direct TC route - if they didn’t, they wouldn’t open applications for the opportunity.

Cherikon

Star Member
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2023
Just got the invite to the GLS critical thinking test and by the looks of the email it’s a WG. I’ve not had much luck with the test in the past so any advice/ resources to help would be wonderful. Thank you.
Clifford Chance offers a free mock test. I did it multiple times until I got 100%, which helped me get into the mindset for WG (if that makes sense😂). The book Critical Thinking Tests is really helpful as well.

taliagibson

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 1, 2023
    Hi, I have the final partner interview with ashurst coming up and barely any info - it says online that there will be behavioural interview questions, does anyone know if these are like competency/situational questions? also says we will have 15 mins to read a case study then answer some questions in the interview about it but am confused on the format of this- if anyone has info or tips that would be so helpful.

Erspencer

Star Member
    Aug 4, 2023
    Anyone else heard from Farrer ? Almost definitely a rejection at this point, just want to know already.. hope they're not just planning on ghosting
    I heard back today that I’ve been invited to first round interview. I know that last year they got back to everyone after this point
    I'm in the same boat as you. Pretty much assuming a PFO at this point unfortunately, but you never know I suppose
    Hi, I have also been invited to first round interview. Although I did apply last year and was unsuccessful after application but they did let all candidates know the outcome of their application.
    They also did provide advice on my application after I reached it following my rejection letter which I believe massively helped this year.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    If you want to apply to the firm, and it’s the only reasonable route for you, I would apply no matter what the perceived odds are. They will want to find candidates like yourself via a direct TC route - if they didn’t, they wouldn’t open applications for the opportunity.
    Just one question, here. Do you think direct TC applicants already start behind and have a great disadvantage as most firms have few spots that they can offer to direct TC applicants anyway? I think I know the answer to this question myself but I am really looking for a different perspective as I feel I'm working towards something which has low odds of success to begin with. Thanks in advance.

AS24

Distinguished Member
    Apr 16, 2024
    Hi guys,

Is anyone able to tell me how does Freshfields recruitment process works? It seems that people get rejected after scoring a high percentile, is the application more important than the WG score?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.