• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
FF yes W&C no imo. FF has a much healthier direct TC intake and explicitly state on their website that no legal work experience is required to apply
What does the WC direct intake look like? Is the majority from VS? I work full time as a legal counsel abroad and due to visas / no time I cant do a VS so was planning on taking the direct TC route

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
What does the WC direct intake look like? Is the majority from VS? I work full time as a legal counsel abroad and due to visas / no time I cant do a VS so was planning on taking the direct TC route
According to their website, direct TC is roughly 20% of their intake but people on here have said that's not been the case recently..

stargazed

Dec 11, 2023
Any general advice for an AC? I have my first one coming up soon and would appreciate both general/practical tips for the day, eg quick resources on building commercial awareness. Also super random question but are we allowed to bring notebooks into interviews?

tc_hopeful

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 18, 2020
Does anyone know if Withers’ deadline is at 23:59 on 31 May? Or at 00:00 on 31 May? I’m working full time and it’s not looking as though I’ll have time to finalise my application by tonight 😵‍💫

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if Withers’ deadline is at 23:59 on 31 May? Or at 00:00 on 31 May? I’m working full time and it’s not looking as though I’ll have time to finalise my application by tonight 😵‍💫
I would expect it to be 23.59 on the 31st - deadlines typically include the date they reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.