• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Just got my Gowling feedback report. It says that I am a selfish moron :(
    I’m really unhappy with mine, it doesn’t reflect me/my personality at all! I know I’m going to end up being rejected now which is the worst part

I remember when my HSF report said something along the lines of you're a disorganised un-analytical mess who hates people. Miraculously still got through to the AC. Don't let the feedback report alone get you down, if you wrote a strong app and demonstrated the competencies they're looking for in it, I'm sure you still stand a good chance.

H S

Distinguished Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    I remember when my HSF report said something along the lines of you're a disorganised un-analytical mess who hates people. Miraculously still got through to the AC. Don't let the feedback report alone get you down, if you wrote a strong app and demonstrated the competencies they're looking for in it, I'm sure you still stand a good chance.

congrats for getting through to the AC!! Is this for the Spring Vac Scheme?

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    To my fellow Gowling applicants - the confirmation email when we submitted our application said, "Should you be successful at this stage, you will be invited to a video interview during the week commencing 4 January 2021."

Do you think this is when we'll hear back or this will be when the VI will take place?

DJMG

Star Member
    Dec 20, 2020
    Did people who submitted a Willkie app get an email receipt? I submitted it a few days ago and got the 'Thank you for submitting...' web page, but no confirmation by email since then, and when I go back on the application page it says 'You have an existing application, would you like to continue?'. Bit worried it hasn't gone through for some reason.

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Hi all! Has anyone done Dentons' telephone interview? How was it and did they ask many commercial awareness questions or was it mainly competency based? Thanks!!

Hello, I've done it, someone posted on here a while back with the general structure of it and it was correct :) it's a mix of lots of different questions (commercial/strength/competency) just make sure you know the firm well

• 🤝
    Reactions: kitty_kat

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    To my fellow Gowling applicants - the confirmation email when we submitted our application said, "Should you be successful at this stage, you will be invited to a video interview during the week commencing 4 January 2021."

Do you think this is when we'll hear back or this will be when the VI will take place?

Hi Olivia - I think that’s probably when we’ll hear back as it’s almost Christmas holidays but it could also be this week as they were quite quick to send out the test invites. So it could be either!

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019

I think this is when we will hear back and we will also be sent a VI invite on the same day.

Reactions: OB

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020

I agree with everyone else, I think we will hear back during that week

Reactions: OB

IntrepidL

Legendary Member
    Jul 29, 2018
    Hi everyone, is anyone having difficulties downloading the Arctic Shores software on their laptop? I'm prevented from downloading the software as my laptop is unable to check it for 'malicious updates' (apparently!)

Ryan B

Aug 12, 2020
    Did people who submitted a Willkie app get an email receipt? I submitted it a few days ago and got the 'Thank you for submitting...' web page, but no confirmation by email since then, and when I go back on the application page it says 'You have an existing application, would you like to continue?'. Bit worried it hasn't gone through for some reason.
    I didn't get one either

Reactions: DJMG

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Hi everyone, is anyone having difficulties downloading the Arctic Shores software on their laptop? I'm prevented from downloading the software as my laptop is unable to check it for 'malicious updates' (apparently!)

think 'malicious' is probably a good way to describe that game :confused:

I didn't have any difficulty with skyrise city but I have had this problem before - if you have a windows laptop you might want to try turning off windows defender temporarily in settings :)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I found the game quite suited to playing on my phone instead - not sure how I would've fared on my laptop. So thats a possibility if you can't download it?

Reactions: ellwilsen and Manifesting

Ricky

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018

You don't get an email receipt. It says that when you submit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.