• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    Hi I was just wondering if you had any tips or advice after taking it?
    Hello, I would say to do as much research as you can and really go through their website. As long as you know why you applied with them, recognize your skills as well as past experiences and have researched commercial awareness topics and know how to apply it to them you'll do amazing😊.

law2022x

Legendary Member
    Feb 21, 2022
    freshfields pfo post-app. i feel like they’re either not transparent enough in the type of candidates they prefer or smth is seriously wrong with my apps because i’ve applied so many times and still have never received the WG from them.

but at the same time i have had interviews with top US firms so i don’t really understand how i am not eligible even for a WG. have competed in disputes competitions too and was quite tailored in my cover letter

Last edited:

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    To add - thoughts on wearing colour to ACs? Or best to stick to black / neutrals?
    I think do whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident! Someone mentioned going to the AC with a green blazer and getting the TC, so I think it really doesn’t matter if you feel confident

I generally stick to black & grey because I wouldn’t feel very comfortable standing out
    But it’s definitely not something that would hinder your chances of getting a VS/TC

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    freshfields pfo post-app. i feel like they’re either not transparent enough in the type of candidates they prefer or smth is seriously wrong with my apps because i’ve applied so many times and still have never gotten the WG from them.

but at the same time i have gotten interviews with top US firms so i don’t really understand how i am not eligible even for a WG. have competed in disputes competitions too and was quite tailored in my cover letter
    its all jus a numbers game imo

missingh

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 14, 2022
    To add - thoughts on wearing colour to ACs? Or best to stick to black / neutrals?
    i used to stick to neutral colours but i got a blush pink/camel colour blazer for my birthday and i love it! it's silly but sometimes i hope it makes me a little more memorable like 'oh yeah i remember her the one in the camel blazer!' haha def a bit silly but whatever you feel best in!

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    freshfields pfo post-app. i feel like they’re either not transparent enough in the type of candidates they prefer or smth is seriously wrong with my apps because i’ve applied so many times and still have never gotten the WG from them.

but at the same time i have gotten interviews with top US firms so i don’t really understand how i am not eligible even for a WG. have competed in disputes competitions too and was quite tailored in my cover letter
    I know what the firm can look for can be quite different to what the US firms look for. If your application suggests a lot of interest in US firms, they may just think you are better suited to one of them rather than their firm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.