• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuretrainee2025

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    This is something I've always done before a test, exam, interview, etc. and it helps me: remind yourself of what it took to get where you are, all the obstacles you've successfully overcome, everything you've studied and learned, and how capable, skilled, and wise it's all made you as a result; and also how lucky they would be to have you! It also helps to remember what sets you apart -- literally everyone has something no one else does, no matter how big or small. "You have all the weapons you need -- now fight" is a quote I read years ago which summarizes all this and it genuinely helps to repeat it to myself before stressful assessments :) sorry for the rant, I hope this helps!!
    This is very true! Thank you!! Confidence is mostly mindset :)

law2022x

Legendary Member
    Feb 21, 2022
    Usually I can contain my nerves but for personal reasons, I've been more tense. I will definitely look into the plant-based supplements and appreciate you responding to me :)
    Ask your GP for propranolol, I take it before interviews and it helps make me less jittery

--
    I should add that propranolol is a very common medication that doctors prescribe for one off situations (flights, MRIs, interviews). If you just tell your GP you have an interview coming up they will consider giving you enough for just that. It is different from other stronger controlled drugs, which GPs are far more reluctant to prescribe.

Last edited:
    Reactions: futuretrainee2025
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.