• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
i’m quite interested in morgan lewis but i have a low 2.1 from an RG uni. is it worth applying or are they quite strict and stringent on high 2.1s; just wondering if it would be better to focus my efforts on other apps! thanks 😊
I have a low 2.1 (with extenuating circumstances) and got to TI last year. But even without ECs, they just ask for a 2.1 (not high/strong like some firms) so I would still apply

Reactions: legallyad and Sharon Wu

affidavid

Star Member
Jan 9, 2024
Has anyone done the Bristows vi? What kind of questions should I expect other than the basic why firm and why law and why you
think of key values they stress (like initiative or attention to detail or resilience or something) cos they might have 'tell me about a time when you demonstrated...' kind of a thing as a cheeky third q

legalgirlie

Standard Member
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2023
another silly question from me lol but what are some ways to relax and calm down before an ac. panicking rn for several reasons and my head is all over the place
This is something I've always done before a test, exam, interview, etc. and it helps me: remind yourself of what it took to get where you are, all the obstacles you've successfully overcome, everything you've studied and learned, and how capable, skilled, and wise it's all made you as a result; and also how lucky they would be to have you! It also helps to remember what sets you apart -- literally everyone has something no one else does, no matter how big or small. "You have all the weapons you need -- now fight" is a quote I read years ago which summarizes all this and it genuinely helps to repeat it to myself before stressful assessments :) sorry for the rant, I hope this helps!!

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    another silly question from me lol but what are some ways to relax and calm down before an ac. panicking rn for several reasons and my head is all over the place
    Lol, I don't know if I'm supposed to recommend this but I take a food supplement based on plant extracts and melatonin. With theanine, melatonin and valerian-based helps with anxiety and keeps you calm. I've been incredibly calm in my ACs - I start taking them a week before an AC 🤣

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

You can look for something similar at Holland and Barrett - they're not medicines, only plant-based supplements.

E.g. AC with Macfarlanes - took them, I was super calm and relaxed, and most of my interviews went well ( was rejected because of some mistakes during the case study and not because I let my nerves get the best of me - it was for a direct TC so the standard was very high)
    Interview with BCLP - didn't know about them at the time - I was not even able to speak properly because of my nerves, like I was EXTREMELY nervous and shaking I didn't know how to control it.

futuretrainee2025

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    Lol, I don't know if I'm supposed to recommend this but I take a food supplement based on plant extracts and melatonin. With theanine, melatonin and valerian-based helps with anxiety and keeps you calm. I've been incredibly calm in my ACs - I start taking them a week before an AC 🤣

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

You can look for something similar at Holland and Barrett - they're not medicines, only plant-based supplements.

E.g. AC with Macfarlanes - took them, I was super calm and relaxed, and most of my interviews went well ( was rejected because of some mistakes during the case study and not because I let my nerves get the best of me - it was for a direct TC so the standard was very high)
    Interview with BCLP - didn't know about them at the time - I was not even able to speak properly because of my nerves, like I was EXTREMELY nervous and shaking I didn't know how to control it.
    Usually I can contain my nerves but for personal reasons, I've been more tense. I will definitely look into the plant-based supplements and appreciate you responding to me :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: atlas2425 and bella98
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.