• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

manifestingtrainingcontract

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 24, 2023
    My inbox today:

Lonely Ghost Town GIF

Anyone else lol?

iz1

Jan 5, 2024
    Anybody been sent a PFO from Freshfields? Thought I would receive it today considering I did the WG a week ago and most AC invites have gone out already. I remember seeing someone in this thread say they did the WG and were sent the AC invite that very same afternoon post-wg!
    Nope, still waiting for an update, I'm starting to think I'll never hear back from them lol

• 🤝
    Reactions: OliviaPope and Chelsea1

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    In virtual interviews do firms use questions from the application form and if they do can you provide the same or similar answer as the one in the application form?
    Short answer is yes. It isn’t unusual practice for them to clarify your work experience or answers to their application questions. I presume you would have to go into further detail, but ultimately what they’re looking for is clear communication and your enthusiasm. It is also common that interviewers wouldn’t haven’t necessarily read your entire application, especially if they have CV-blind policies or they have several candidates to interview.

Reactions: Giorgos

Happycloud100

Distinguished Member
    Jan 8, 2024
    Would love some advice on this test too!
    I passed the test and I went all the way on quite a few tbh , I think I’ve found it pretty not productive to try and game it so I just answer honestly. I did go all the way on quite a few like about working on new things vs routine things. On a few I put it 3/4ths of the way (eg : in collaboration or independent work questions)

TheTCcommune

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 26, 2022
    I passed the test and I went all the way on quite a few tbh , I think I’ve found it pretty not productive to try and game it so I just answer honestly. I did go all the way on quite a few like about working on new things vs routine things. On a few I put it 3/4ths of the way (eg : in collaboration or independent work questions)
    Thank you for the insight! Do you have any other general tips? I feel like SJTs can be hard to know if you've done well/know how to improve performance on them

johnnn821

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Does anyone know if RPC closed its vac scheme applications already? For some reason I only see the direct TC open for applications. Was the deadline earlier today?

77777law

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 22, 2023
    30 questions 19 minutes to answer.

True, False and cannot say type questions

I completed 21 out of 30. Grad rec did not give me extra time as requested :(
    Hi- thanks so much this is super helpful information! I was wondering how many questions you got per paragraph to read, is it 2 questions on the same paragraph or 3/4 on the same paragraph? Thanks! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.