• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
@Jessica Booker Hi! Do you know if Macfarlanes allow VS and TC application in the same cycle (even if the VS is unsuccessful at the application stage)? I haven't submitted either applications yet but if they allow both wouldn't mind sending through my application. I have emailed them but not heard back and they aren't taking phone calls at the moment. Thank you!!

D

Deleted member 27336

@Jessica Booker Hi! Do you know if Macfarlanes allow VS and TC application in the same cycle (even if the VS is unsuccessful at the application stage)? I haven't submitted either applications yet but if they allow both wouldn't mind sending through my application. I have emailed them but not heard back and they aren't taking phone calls at the moment. Thank you!!
they do, at least that was their policy last year. I got to AC for macs and they did say I could apply for their summer TC following post-AC PFO

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I know their minimum degree classification requirement is a 2.1, but does Milbank realistically recruit candidates with 2.1's? A look at LinkedIn shows that whilst they don't seem to be Oxbridge fixated like Davis Polk and S&C, most of their current trainees have high firsts.

Has anyone on here passed the first stage with a relatively solid 2.1?
You have to remember that many people on LinkedIn wont state their degree grade at all. It’s only those with the absolute highest grades that don’t.

So if you factor in the trainees’ not on LinkedIn and those who have t stated their grades, you are probably only seeing a skewed version of things based on what people are declaring.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it fine to refer to addleshaw goddard as AG in apps?
Yes - that is fine as the firm uses the acronym on their website. You may want to list it as Addleshaw Goddard (AG) in the first instance, and then use AG throughout the rest of your application though.

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
I must not be getting WC VI this cycle💀
I got to VI last cycle and reused parts my app this year so maybe that's why.
Well I thought my app was good and there really wasn't much to change so what could I have done lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.