• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

miunevie

Jan 1, 2024
When answering the "why this firm" question, is it unwise to talk about a practice area that a different office excels in? For example, London office may rank Band 3 while Manchester is Band 1.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
When answering the "why this firm" question, is it unwise to talk about a practice area that a different office excels in? For example, London office may rank Band 3 while Manchester is Band 1.
My first thought is whether the ranking is really adding anything to the point you are making? If you are applying to the London office and it has a lower ranking, can you just not focus on your interests in this work and they type of work the London office does without the reference to the ranking?

Reactions: Sharon Wu

eleven14og

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    I applied with them back in September/ October and the whole application process took several weeks (interview + tests + visa check) and I have not heard back from them since. If anyone has heard back from them please do let me know!
    I received plenty of emails from them re job openings (but mostly short-term doc review) maybe drop them an email to check?

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 8, 2022
    I don't know if anyone else is in the same boat but I've lost my momentum for applications and have found myself in a bit of a slump

As a result, I'm going to set myself a goal of sending off 4 applications minimum before the New Year begins so I can start the year on a bit of a high!

4 days, 4 apps, let's go!

If anyone else is in the same position, you can do this!

Update: Had a slight delay but I hit my goal! :D

These next few days are going to have a lotttttt of deadlines, so I hope this serves as some motivation! We got this

TCLAW

Aug 28, 2023
    Hi. I recently submitted my application for Hogan Lovells Summer Vac Scheme - I already did the WG test for HL lift off programme. Does anyone know, whether I will have to or be able to repeat it or not?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jessica! Can I ask when the application review of TCLA will re-open? I find I still can not submit it on the system.
    Hi there - I would expect it to reopen later this morning - the team will start work around 9.00-9.30am this morning and so I would expect you'd be able to submit shortly after then.

Reactions: Jaysen

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.