• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Does anyone have any insights on what the Taylor Wessing test is actually on. The email didn’t mention anything.
    It's an amended Watson Glaser test, it does explain itself in the instructions.

I would offer advice, however, I haven't heard back since I took it over a month ago, so my advice probably wouldn't be the best to take heed of... lol

Izzy1026

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 23, 2023
    Taylor Wessing test invite this morning! I applied in September when it first opened. I was so convinced it was definitely a PFO since everyone else who has applied later than me has heard, guess this goes on to proof that it’s not a PFO until it’s in your inbox.

Press on everyone! And remember to celebrate the small wins!

zainab.nadeem02

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 24, 2022
    I have my Weil VI due soon for the vac scheme and was wondering if anyone remembers the 2 questions they got? I am incredibly nervous and particularly worried about the second qs which is a commercial awareness one. Would truly appreciate any help!

ayiiii05

Esteemed Member
    Nov 10, 2023
    Happy New Year everyone! Can I confirm if there are only two questions for Macfarlanes Vacation Scheme application. Also, did you find any section on the form to indicate your preference for Spring or Summer? Thank you.
    Yes, that's right and I didn't find a section to indicate my preference... I'm glad you asked this because I was lowkey panicking when I realised it just said Vac Scheme instead of Spring Vac Scheme when looking at my application on Candid.

Victor87

Distinguished Member
    Apr 19, 2023
    Hey guys, two quick questions that I'd be happy to get any advice on re: the W&C vac scheme application:
    1. I just saw that some people already got VI invites. Would it still be adviseable to send in an application?
    2. This has probably been covered on here, but the application gives a 1500 word limit for the extra-curricular activities section. Is it adviseable to use the entire word limit or should we aim for the usual 250-350 word margin?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.