• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

rn7

Premium Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed before but is the Freshfields WG invite automatic, or is it only sent after an application is read and progressed? I applied for the Winter TC intake if that matters.

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed before but is the Freshfields WG invite automatic, or is it only sent after an application is read and progressed? I applied for the Winter TC intake if that matters.
They read applications first but they’re non-rolling so you probably won’t hear back till after the deadline

Reactions: rn7

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Confused, a bit I scored 29/40 on Linklaters WG but was in 44th percentile. How exactly does it work for them!
The percentile is based on where you rank against other candidates.

Therefore if purely on how many questions you get right, 55% of candidates you are benchmarked against would have scored higher than 29/40.

Alternatively, the way the test is scored could mean that they either put a higher weighting on certain questions or assess things which “wrong” answer you go for which means the raw score of 29/40 doesn’t necessarily mean much.

• Love
Reactions: Kodak123

Kodak123

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
The percentile is based on where you rank against other candidates.

Therefore if purely on how many questions you get right, 55% of candidates you are benchmarked against would have scored higher than 29/40.

Alternatively, the way the test is scored could mean that they either put a higher weighting on certain questions or assess things which “wrong” answer you go for which means the raw score of 29/40 doesn’t necessarily mean much.
Thank you so much! This definitely clarified it!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hello:) I saw that you decided to apply to a few firms. What changed your mind? Just wondering if you spoke to any firm/firms and they advised against the SQE paralegal route for any particular reason. Thanks
    Mean this the nicest way possible it is none of your business and for your information Ashurst I submitted over 2 months ago and did their case study today.

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021
    Mean this the nicest way possible it is none of your business and for your information Ashurst I submitted over 2 months ago and did their case study today.
    if it's nobody's business why are you announcing that you might go down SQE paralegal route to this entire forum as a "PS"?

being rude on a law firm application forum and being here 'for the memes' seems like a fruitless use of your time to be completely honest.

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    if it's nobody's business why are you announcing that you might go down SQE paralegal route to this entire forum as a "PS"?

being rude on a law firm application forum and being here 'for the memes' seems like a fruitless use of your time to be completely honest.
    If Asil had said this response in person, would you have started an argument with him?

• 📥
    Reactions: rn7
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.