• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
@Jessica Booker Im still waiting for an answer post WG from HL. Lots of PFOs recently. Generally speaking, is it getting a bit late to not expect a PFO, or is it still worth holding out for?
No news is always good news with law firms so I would wait until you receive a rejection to know whether you received it or not.

Reactions: Sharon Wu and Apple

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Can anyone provide an insight into the Latham VI for 2024 vacation scheme? I don't know what sort of questions to be expecting (commercial, competency or firm-related questions).

Also do Dechert recruit on a rolling basis!

Congrats everyone on your journey so far, as long as it is, we got this Fr.
here is is the link to the post I just made with some questions that might come up: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151491
Good luck with the video interview!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
D

Deleted member 31263

Question, for Hogan's Vac Scheme application questions, should I relate the answer back to Hogan?

1. We set our standards high, and we trust our people to hold themselves accountable for meeting other people's expectations. Describe a time when you had to drop everything and really 'raise your game' in order to keep a promise you had made to someone else. How did you manage both this and your other commitments? (250 words)
2. Sustaining a successful and profitable practice requires both commercial awareness and innovative thinking. Tell us about something that you have done that shows you have a strong innovative or entrepreneurial spirit. (250 words)

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Thanks!

Know any specific advice or a question bank on what Latham have asked previously on their video interviews?
Unfortunately questions from video interviews cannot be shared on the forum to make the application process fair for everyone but maybe if you look through past posts, you might find some discussions around those.

Flutterbyx303

Star Member
Sep 11, 2023
Has anyone also not heard back from simmons wvs post app? The scheme is so close I'm assuming pfo?
Haven’t heard back post VI…. But I have heard people getting AC invites and people getting rejections so I think if it’s a PFO they do let you know? Maybe they are working through the applicants in chronological order. Did you apply near the deadline? I did!

F a v o u r

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 4, 2021
    Hi, does anyone know of any firms where trainees are allowed to qualify into a department abroad during the international secondment? I know White & Case give trainees that option; does anyone know if Latham does as well, and any other firms that might allow this?

Apple

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 23, 2023
    anyone has any tips about the " Tell us about any open days and events that you have attended in the legal sector" ? what details should I showed in this questions. should I write what I have learned from the events? And how many events I should write ideally?
    You could summarise what you generally did at most open days i.e. listened to speeches, walked through a case study, and then maybe hone in on some notable points or experiences and even link it back to your motivations.
    Don't be afraid to talk about events with firms other than the one you're applying to (at least this is what graduate recruitment seems to emphasise)

Reactions: HLL
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.