• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2022
Hey everyone! Did Dechert VI 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear back. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back regarding the outcome (rejection or progress)?
I think a lot of people on the forum are in the same boat. Someone mentioned that they know people who are doing an AC today. not sure if this is the first AC slot but the general consensus is that no one post-VI on the forum has heard back yet. Hopefully there will be good news soon!
(I’m assuming you’re asking about the wvs)

Last edited:

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    First of all, well done that’s such a good score.

As for the AC - I don’t think it’s just the WGT that gets taken into account. I have seen a few people get 40/40 and still not get invited, so it does seem to take into account other information such as performance on the Capp test and eligibility.

Good luck anyway!!!
    Thank you very much for your kind words much appreciated.

Thank you for this and I agree it does depend on other factors.

For anyone wondering my Capp test feedback - my strengths were teamwork and critical thinking and my weakness was personal leadership.

flower

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 31, 2023
    I'm practising an answer for 'why X firm?', and to mirror the typical format of VIs I've given myself a 1 minute limit. I'm honestly finding it so difficult to talk about a range of factors because of the time constraints, and I can literally only discuss one factor (a particular practice area) without coming across like I'm going through a shopping list. I'm weary that only discussing 1 factor may come across as not having researched the firm in enough depth, does anyone have any advice regarding this?

Reactions: axelbeugre

pb15

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2021
    did you also choose spring and summer VS at the beginning of the application form? confused about how this works because i haven't heard back at all wrt the wvs but wondering if this means they are considering apps for the other schemes too?
    Yes i did actually. Maybe if they’re filling out WVS places, they’ll consider us for spring?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.