• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Is it too late to apply for Mishcon's spring vac scheme? They have a rolling deadline that closes 3rd Nov
It might be later in the cycle but if they like you, you will be progressing through the next stages so definitely put your best foot forward and apply with the best application you can! if there is another deadline for the summer scheme and you feel like you would have much more chances of getting it, then I would say to apply for the summer.

Good luck with it! @yasmars

Reactions: yasmars

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Reactions: Mathsdebater

emilyding

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 6, 2023
yes, link them back as to how these will make you a successful trainee at the firm!
Thank you @axelbeugre !

Sorry I have one last question - how should I approach the question "Why have you chosen to become a solicitor? What relevant skills do you possess?"- is this basically asking why commercial law and what skills I have gained from my work experiences? (But I have already discussed it under the work experience section)

Also, there is one question asking me about "Other than law, what is something you are passionate about?" and a similar one "Please give details of your extra-curricular activities and interests including any positions of responsibility." I guess the answers for both of these questions are quite similar - should I talk about some topic like finance for the first, and talk about my extra- curricular like travelling for the second question?

@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker

Reactions: axelbeugre

prettyprincess24

Premium Member
  • Jul 3, 2021
    Hi Jessica,

I would like to understand the difference between the following questions, please?

1. Motivations for a career in commercial law with a firm?

v

2. Why commercial law career with a firm?

Thank you.

3. Would I need to draw out motivations more-so in first question or is question 1 same as question 2 in terms of answering on application form?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Aaj03

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2023
    Just passed NRF “Scholars” application stage and the next stage is an Artic shore test, does anyone have any tips on the test /what I can do in preparation please??

Thanks in advance

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.