• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexJ

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 23, 2022
    Do K&S recruit on a rolling basis?

P.S. The work you do on here answering K&S-related recruitment queries should be rewarded with a salary increase haha!
    No, and thanks. There is an open day you can apply for- if you are interested I would recommend applying to this and then drafting your application afterwards.

Reactions: sxw517
    D

Deleted member 24543

Anyone who has ever applied to Clearly know who to address the cover letter to and whether we need to include our grade breakdown for each year of university in the CV? Or can I just submit my transcripts

jas1502

Aug 2, 2023
    Anyone who has ever applied to Clearly know who to address the cover letter to and whether we need to include our grade breakdown for each year of university in the CV? Or can I just submit my transcripts
    Hi, I have an upcoming AC with Cleary! I addressed my cover letter to Graduate Recruitment and submitted my academic transcript separately, with minimal grade breakdown on my CV. Hope this helps 😊

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Law applications (holding myself accountable here)

Willkie Farr & Gallagher ✅📼
    Covington & Burling ✅
    Shearman & Sterling ✅
    White & Case ✅
    Milbank ✅
    Ropes & Gray (30th October)
    Arnold & Porter ✅
    Sullivan & Cromwell (1st November)
    Latham & Watkins ✅
    Kirkland & Ellis ✅
    Skadden Arps ✅
    Vinson & Elkins ✅
    Weil Gotshal & Manges ✅
    Akin ✅
    Fried Frank?
    Gibson Dunn ✅
    Goodwin ✅
    Cleary Gottlieb ✅
    Paul Hastings ✅
    King & Spalding?
    Ashurst ✅📝
    Macfarlanes ✅📝
    Mayer Brown?
    Dechert ✅
    Cooley ✅
    Morrison Foerster ✅
    Slaughter and May ✅❌

✅ = done 📝 = test 📼 = VI ❌ = PFO
    0 application submitted as am not applying anymore and am just here for the memes. PS am taking a break from applications as might go down SQE paralegal route.

hannah04

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2023
    Regarding reapplying to firms, where you reached last stage/AC: in the cover letter, is it okay to update sections about skills/experience, but keep sections about why this firm the same? Cuz I mean the reasons for being attracted to the firm are the same since its been under a year since last application. So would it be counterintuitive to talk about completely different practice areas of interest?

Reactions: axelbeugre

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 18, 2022
    Is it worth applying for HL WVS now - or should we just go for Summer? Has anyone who has applied to the Winter scheme heard yet? I'm quite annoyed as I have held out waiting for a reply from the July 31st TC - and have followed up with them - but still not heard either way. I am conscious they are rolling and so thinking its better to just apply for their Summer one?

Last edited:

AlexC

Premium Member
    Jul 21, 2022
    Is it worth applying for HL WVS now - or should we just go for Summer? Has anyone who has applied to the Winter scheme heard yet? I'm quite annoyed as I have held out waiting for a reply from the July 31st TC - and have followed up with them - but still not heard either way. I am conscious they are rolling and so thinking its better to just apply for their Summer one?
    I haven't heard back for the direct TC either! (also applied in July). Very weird.

yasmars

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    I would apply as it’s still two weeks before the deadline

hanz123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 16, 2022
    Any advice on Trowers & Hamlins "Who are our main competitors and specifically demonstrate how we differentiate from the firms you name" question?
    I'd appreciate any tips on answering this question :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.