• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi everyone, does anyone have any experience of asking firms for reasonable adjustments at assessment centres? I have dyslexia and receive extra time in university exams. I have an AC with AG coming up and feel I would benefit from extra time but not sure how this will be received - I wouldn't want for them to subconsciously discriminate because I took extra time to finish a task but equally want to make sure I perform to the best of my ability.

@Jessica Booker Do you know how AG deal with reasonable adjustments at AC's?
Oh Yes, I asked the GR team of US firm extra time for the written exercise. I just sent them my assessment report and they easily accommodated my request.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
Hi everyone, does anyone have any experience of asking firms for reasonable adjustments at assessment centres? I have dyslexia and receive extra time in university exams. I have an AC with AG coming up and feel I would benefit from extra time but not sure how this will be received - I wouldn't want for them to subconsciously discriminate because I took extra time to finish a task but equally want to make sure I perform to the best of my ability.

@Jessica Booker Do you know how AG deal with reasonable adjustments at AC's?
Firms have always been super accommodating with this for me - I’ve found I’ve always been at more of a disadvantage when I haven’t told them at the beginning of the process as opposed to when I have

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
ive heard some firms have specific uni requirements (mid 2.1s, high 2.1s etc) once you recieve a TC is this true?
I have only heard the requirement is to achieve a 2.1. They may screen candidates based on higher grades, but I have not heard of offers being contingent on a particular grade above a 2.1 for your undergraduate.

Some firms used to request a commendation or above in the GDL/LPC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.