• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

comlaw20gn

Nov 8, 2023
Hi first time poster here, I have a Freshfields AC on thursday and was wondering if anyone had last minute tips?
I was also wondering if vac scheme ACs are as strict/comprehensive as TC ACs or are they generally more relaxed about it?

Reactions: axelbeugre

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
just got my feedback report for Akin
no way i am getting past test with my lowest scoring area being collaboration 🤣
I'm not going to divulge what my strongest and weakest were here in the interests of not doxxing myself, but my results are complete tripe and contradict what my background and work experience demonstrate. I hate these bs psychometric tests.

Still, my strongest areas do align with the firm's values so I hope I'm still in the running.

manifestingtrainingcontract

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 24, 2023
    Do I need to use Freshfields full name or is just Freshfields okay?
    I used Freshfields, as they refer to themselves as such. My rule of thumb with firms is to only call them by what they call themselves. So for instance, Slaughter and May never call themselves 'Slaughter' or 'Slaughter & May', or Hogan Lovells never use 'HL' as an abbreviation. But Freshfields uses Freshfields to refer to themselves pretty commonly, so it's fine

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Do graduate recruitment teams review applications in the order they received it? Is it safe to assume a PFO when I see candidates progress to the next round when they applied on the same day or later than me? @Jessica Booker
    Not necessarily on a chronological order, and so you can’t really assume you have been unsuccessful just because other people have heard back.

Reactions: eleven14og

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    I have a slight issue @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre I took the akin assessment on the 13th or 14th but when I did not receive a feedback report. I logged in today and it says that the 'deadline has passed'. However, I remember it saying that my assessment was submitted and they would get look over it. However, I also do not have a confirmation email. What do I do?

Reactions: axelbeugre
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.