• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartofglass

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2023
Does anyone know if attending an AC at an earlier date rather than a later date has any impact at all? (In the case where a firm gives you the option to choose when to do the AC)
To be fair, my motto is that you either be the first face or you close the show; preferably first face so that you set the standard and avoid bored your interviewer for giving somewhat similar answer to previous candidates.

Reactions: tanamontana

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
Hi everyone, has anybody heard back from HL in regards to AC. I have heard that a few people are now receiving AC invites and I have not received a response yet :( I did Watson Glaser in mid December for context.
oo where did you hear there were AC's? I haven't seen one in here as of yet.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The Osborne Clarke application has the following question: What work has Osborne Clarke done recently that is of particular interest to you? Why do you feel inspired by this type of work?

@Jessica Booker - Do you believe I could reference a deal that a trainee mentioned they were involved in during a client secondment? Or could this potentially be deemed irrelevant, given that the transaction was predominantly managed by the client's legal counsel (where the trainee was on secondment), with only minor oversight from Osborne Clarke?

Thank you for your help!
I personally would recommend something the firm did rather than a specific client. You need to take it from the point of the firm rather than the in-house team.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if attending an AC at an earlier date rather than a later date has any impact at all? (In the case where a firm gives you the option to choose when to do the AC)
There is unlikely to be any difference. Choose the date that best suits your circumstances.

Reactions: tanamontana
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.