• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 32324

Latham PFO 😙✌️
Latham summer vs PFO, first firm I’ve heard back from so hopefully it goes up from here 😂
Latham PFO for SVS.

Really gutted as felt it was one of my stronger apps.

This cycle has become really demoralising if I’m honest as receiving far more PFOs this time round than last year, even though substantially more research and effort is being put into applications. Ah well, onto the next one.
Really sorry to hear you got the PFO. May I ask when you submitted the app/completed their tests?

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
ohhh no that sounds tricky- thank you so much though!! would it be worth practicing WG style questions as well as the practice test they give you? :)
I wouldn’t advise against it as it’s never going to hurt but I feel the practice test they gave you was sufficient for getting a taste of it/the style. Best of luck though!

amy2602

Standard Member
Dec 15, 2023
I got a rejection today from Latham for their Spring Vac scheme. In the email however, it stated 'Thank you for your application to the Summer Vacation Scheme at Latham & Watkins'. Do I respond and say I applied for the spring scheme, despite the rejection. I know this would not change the outcome but I do feel that it is a bit unprofessional from the firm that they have gotten back to me about the wrong scheme. Any thoughts? :/

Reactions: axelbeugre

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    I got a rejection today from Latham for their Spring Vac scheme. In the email however, it stated 'Thank you for your application to the Summer Vacation Scheme at Latham & Watkins'. Do I respond and say I applied for the spring scheme, despite the rejection. I know this would not change the outcome but I do feel that it is a bit unprofessional from the firm that they have gotten back to me about the wrong scheme. Any thoughts? :/
    i don’t think there’ll be any point esp since their email will be a no reply one :/

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    I’m in the same boat. I think it’s just an automated response as they likely get more summer applicants.

I don’t really see the point in replying as like you said, it won’t change the outcome. Completely relate to how frustrating it is though given the effort put into applications :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.