• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
This is a bit of an odd request but if anybody has previously passed Gowlings arctic shores test, would it be possible to send over their feedback report? Just completed mine and I’m stressing that I’ve done terribly

atlas2425

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 22, 2023
Not sure if I should stick to the 3rd or 10th? I know Latham says its the 10th but if all other platforms including the TCLA deadlines calendar has quoted 3rd I just wonder if there is something I've missed?
If their website says 10th then I would go with 10th, trust the direct source. That's what I'm doing

Wazflame

Sep 11, 2022
This probably has a really obvious answer but I thought I'd ask in case I'm misreading things: when is the deadline for Latham & Watkins' spring/summer 2024 vacation schemes? The application website lists it as the 10th December but all the legal help websites (lawcareers, legal500, chambersstudent, etc.) list it as today (3rd December 2023).

I obviously know which one should take priority but I'm wondering why they're all saying a week earlier? Thanks!

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 8, 2022
    This probably has a really obvious answer but I thought I'd ask in case I'm misreading things: when is the deadline for Latham & Watkins' spring/summer 2024 vacation schemes? The application website lists it as the 10th December but all the legal help websites (lawcareers, legal500, chambersstudent, etc.) list it as today (3rd December 2023).

I obviously know which one should take priority but I'm wondering why they're all saying a week earlier? Thanks!
    Heya! They extended their deadline hence why all the other sources say the 3rd

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Chambers student says that Arnold & Porter receives around 300 VC applications. That number seems very low, does anyone know if this is the case?
    Chambers would have got those stats from the firm - so I would take it as accurate.

Many people won’t want to work at the firm and if they are not as active on campus/advertising online as other firms, they will get fewer applications.

Reactions: Giorgos
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.