• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer207

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2021
Thank you Jessica! I was just a bit hesitant because they are rolling so could be plucking at straws since I’ll be applying so late
If it helps with your decision, my two ACs this week are with firms that were rolling and I applied on the deadline. You will never know unless you put in an application!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Is it me or are law firms really taking their time to respond this year I’m still waiting to hear back from quite a few firms
    I think it depends on the firm and take into account the increase in the applications. But some firms are really quick this cycle to review applications for example Weil.

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    For Mayer Brown, is the initial application process just the application form or does it also include the verbal reasoning and situational strengths test? I've submitted the application form and I thought the tests are automatic but it appears that it is not?
    I think the grad rec check your application form to ensure you are eligible but don’t score the application form so it isn’t automated but you’re progressed as long as you’re eligible!

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Last night I dreamt that I attended an in person interview at a law firm and they asked me to sing a Coldplay song. I couldn’t recall any lyrics and they agreed that I could sing ‘Patience’ by Take That instead.

Does anyone have a philosophical/metaphorical reading of this? 😂
    The way I read this and missed that it was a dream 😂😂😂😂 been cackling for a good 5 minutes lol

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    I'm sorry that you didn't have the best experience with your VI. Maybe the point of the last question was to see how well you do under pressure/when you're shocked? Judging by what you've said, you must've come across pretty well.vIt's really commendable that you remained calm. At the end of the day, you gave it your best, all things considered, and that's really not a small thing.

I really hope it works out in your favour but I am confident you'll be good either way- you've got this 💪
    This is so kind of you thanks so much. I’m keeping my fingers crossed but unsure if my answers are what they’re looking for. At least I didn’t freeze/stumble over my words.
    although my face was probably like a deer in headlights 😂

Kikelomo

Jan 25, 2022
    VI for Vinson & Elkins summer vac! It is my first VI so any tips for how to get started on preparing would be greatly appreciated! applied on 8 jan!
    Hi, I did the V&E VI last year and got through to the final stage - my top tip would be just be your honest self, there are no technical questions being asked, I was asked things along the line of "how would your friends describe you". when I did it, it was a total of about 5 questions or maybe even less (I can't remember) its really more of a personality test more than anything

hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

goodluck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.