• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian_nlh

Feb 22, 2023
How do you know this? I can't find it ANYWHERE on their website
It's just known that HL do their applications for both cycles (Winter & Summer) on a rolling basis, it can also be found on other websites where the position is posted; they will say they review applications on a rolling basis.

Although it is not very nice of them to not make it obvious on their website, I really wouldn't worry. If you have a strong application, I'm sure it won't matter if it's on a rolling basis.

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
It's just known that HL do their applications for both cycles (Winter & Summer) on a rolling basis, it can also be found on other websites where the position is posted; they will say they review applications on a rolling basis.

Although it is not very nice of them to not make it obvious on their website, I really wouldn't worry. If you have a strong application, I'm sure it won't matter if it's on a rolling basis.
I found a few websites saying non-rolling and a few saying rolling and the trainee I know there said she thought it was non-rolling + the TCLA list says non-rolling (confirmed by email). That's so annoying, I've had my application pretty much ready for a month but hadn't sent it in case I did ended up doing something I wanted to include in the time afterwards
WHY CAN'T FIRMS JUST SAY IT ON THEIR WEBSITE INSTEAD OF LEAVING YOU TO GUESS

(Thank you for letting me know though!)

Last edited:

nliro85

Distinguished Member
Jan 25, 2024
Dear XXX

Thank you very much for applying to HFW. This is to confirm that we have received your application and we will review it in due course.

As we receive a very high volume of applications we regret that we are unable to provide feedback at this stage of the recruitment process.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards.

The Early Careers Team at HFW

Does this mean they rejected me their wording is confusing lol.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Dear XXX

Thank you very much for applying to HFW. This is to confirm that we have received your application and we will review it in due course.

As we receive a very high volume of applications we regret that we are unable to provide feedback at this stage of the recruitment process.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards.

The Early Careers Team at HFW

Does this mean they rejected me their wording is confusing lol.
I think they are just trying to limit responses to the email, and that as they have said your application is under review and therefore still under consideration

AyoMal

Feb 27, 2024
idk if i was imagining things, but i genuinely thought the freshfields TC deadline was the 1st of august so i completely missed it :(

in other news, i got invited for a VI at eversheds sutherland a few hours ago for their TC - you win some you lose some!
Not just you. I also thought the deadline was 1st of august. Some social charities that were sending reminders were publishing that it was 1st august then suddenly on 1st July decided to announce that it was that night

• Sad
Reactions: legallybrunette8

arthurr

Standard Member
  • Feb 7, 2024
    Hello everyone, this is off topic, but I’ve just been offered a paralegal position at a law firm in a home county. Wondering how you negotiate salary and what to look out for in the offer? I’m also curious what’s the going rate for paralegals in Home Counties. @Jessica Booker will it be ok if I private message you for advice?

A worried graduate

Legendary Member
    Mar 25, 2024
    Sure!

I asked a friend and here’s her advice:

I think the easiest way to transition is through grad schemes (1-2 year programmes). Banks like Lloyds, HSBC, Barclays etc all have graduate programmes open to all degrees.

If you check banking recruitment pages, you should find quite a few stream option (capital markets, private clients, IB, commercial banking etc).

I would also sign up to the mailing list so you’re notified when the scheme apps start and apply early as possible. She applied for a grad programme in May and was through the whole process by early June.

happy to help anyone out with more info - just PM me
    Which ones are still open?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.