• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gday33

Distinguished Member
Apr 21, 2024
Anyone else done the GLD VI? Shorter than I expected - never done one before so felt awkward just speaking to a screen, and I feel like I was repeating myself 😭 we’ll see in a couple of weeks I guess!

PSharon

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2023
I just realised I submitted Freshfields as a cover letter (no address but dear grad rec at start and finished off with my signature) but on the website it says it should be a personal statement. Will this be a detriment (can't follow instructions properly) and should I write to Grad Rec to apologise for this mistake or just let it go?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I just realised I submitted Freshfields as a cover letter (no address but dear grad rec at start and finished off with my signature) but on the website it says it should be a personal statement. Will this be a detriment (can't follow instructions properly) and should I write to Grad Rec to apologise for this mistake or just let it go?
It won’t be an issue to do this. Many people do, it just isn’t necessary. Definitely no need to write to GR to apologise - there is nothing to apologise for.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

EzeLaylor

Distinguished Member
  • Oct 15, 2021
    another day asking if anyone has heard from BCLP 😭

Justin Timberlake Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Sharon Wu and LB24

AS24

Distinguished Member
    Apr 16, 2024
    Hi @Jessica Booker

I trust you are well.

I am currently trying to answer this question 'Please provide any additional information that you think is relevant.'
    How would you approach this question? Should I write about my interest in commercial law, my skills and my achievements?
    Thank you in advance.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker

I trust you are well.

I am currently trying to answer this question 'Please provide any additional information that you think is relevant.'
    How would you approach this question? Should I write about my interest in commercial law, my skills and my achievements?
    Thank you in advance.
    If you have been asked about any of these aspects elsewhere in the application, then you should not cover them here. It is to cover anything you think is relevant that has not been asked of you to present. This can be anything from mitigating circumstances, explaining academic grades if they are not typical qualifications, any period of time out of employment or education, clarity on anything that needs explaining that cannot fit into other questions/sections of the application form.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.