• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
By the end of the summer I would have completed around 4 weeks worth of legal experience. In my application for a direct TC that has already been submitted, I only mentioned my internship which lasted two weeks because the other two experiences had not been completed. Additionally, the form required that I list up to 3 experiences so I did not want to list everything legal. I'm also on the final round of interviews for a politics internship for 6 weeks where a lot of legal experience is on offer.

Would grad rec look at this negatively? Is it worth reaching out and asking if I could add this completed work experience to my application?
It’s likely the firm won’t accept further work experience if they limit the work experience to a set number of entries.

AS24

Distinguished Member
Apr 16, 2024
Morning guys,

Do you know how to amend your undergraduate exams section on the Vantage app? I need to move my exams from year 2 to year 3 because I made a mistake.
Thank you in advance

Sharon Wu

Valued Member
Oct 27, 2023
Does anyone know how to withdraw a submitted application for Freshfields?
To withdraw you can contact them directly

Morning guys,

Do you know how to amend your undergraduate exams section on the Vantage app? I need to move my exams from year 2 to year 3 because I made a mistake.
Thank you in advance
To amend a Vantage app you can email: [email protected]

Reactions: AS24

legal_student2024

May 7, 2024
When did you do the AC?
I only did the test a couple of weeks ago (waiting on interview invitations) - I assume this is the final batch of applications they are considering as part of the rolling application. Therefore, would guess is dependent on the outcome of your AC (as may not even be any vacancies left!). Did they say when you'd hear re AC outcome?

stacy2523

Premium Member
  • Oct 12, 2023
    I only did the test a couple of weeks ago (waiting on interview invitations) - I assume this is the final batch of applications they are considering as part of the rolling application. Therefore, would guess is dependent on the outcome of your AC (as may not even be any vacancies left!). Did they say when you'd hear re AC outcome?
    No, they said a few weeks but nothing specific! May drop them an email as I am eager to do my SQE2 and want to work out funding options!

Reactions: legal_student2024
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.