• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    @Jessica Booker hi Jessica I had a quick q about an upcoming interview

so it’s an hour long interview and initially it wasn’t specified what type of interview it would be and when I reached out to grac red to ask they said it would be a competency based interview, would you still suggest i prep for commercial awareness or motivational based qs because the interviews on short notice and I don’t have a lot of time

any advice would be incredible thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker I am currently applying for direct Tcs, but have an upcoming Vac Scheme this summer. Is it bad if I put in the work experience section that I received an offer for a vac scheme at another firm in my Tc applications?
    I would reference you have upcoming schemes somewhere in your application unless the firms are incredibly different to one another (eg niche family law firm vs big US firm that is PE/M&A focused).

Reactions: Kodak123

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker hi Jessica I had a quick q about an upcoming interview

so it’s an hour long interview and initially it wasn’t specified what type of interview it would be and when I reached out to grac red to ask they said it would be a competency based interview, would you still suggest i prep for commercial awareness or motivational based qs because the interviews on short notice and I don’t have a lot of time

any advice would be incredible thank you!
    Competencies can include motivational and commercial awareness questions, so I would prepare for those too if you can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.