• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Genuinely heart goes out to those who will get their TC offer taken away due to failing an exam that is already an absolute mess, pursuing a career in law is mentally draining, practicing a career in law is mentally draining, and for a firm to just completely disregard future trainees over failing an exam that is well known to be extremely tuff is disgusting.

I wonder if any support is given to these student, I can’t imagine what they’ll be going through, and it doesn’t do anything to help the stigma around this career.

Shame on Clifford chance, and shame on those who follow suit.
This is such a good question, I hope that they are assisted, not only professionally but most importantly mentally, because this is not an easy situation to be in.

I heard that they are getting professional support to look for a new job but I do not know if every firm that rescinded offers is doing that.

Reactions: NJS

Hopefultrainee22

Feb 14, 2024
no - this is not necessarily an issue - it is just an opportunity to provide information you feel you haven’t had the opportunity to highlight. But plenty of candidates may not have anything else they want to highlight, and so they wouldn’t need to use this opportunity.
Out of interest Jessica, if I was asked this question at the end of the interview, what sort of things would you raise and how would you phrase it? “I’m interested in X hobby”, “I’ve done X work experience and developed X, Y, Z”?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Out of interest Jessica, if I was asked this question at the end of the interview, what sort of things would you raise and how would you phrase it? “I’m interested in X hobby”, “I’ve done X work experience and developed X, Y, Z”?
There really isn’t a set approach as it will depend on what you are highlighting. I would probably start of by explaining why you think it’s important to highlight whatever it is though in the first instance, and then go on to detail whatever you think is relevant.

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
Nov 14, 2023
Bates Wells Vac Scheme! That brings my cycle to an end - thanks to everyone on TCLA for their insights over the last few months! I'm hoping not to be back having secured 3 vac schemes 😅 (except to frantically research how to convert them!) so good luck everyone with the rest of your applications - and a massive thanks again to everyone who's helped me!! ☺️☺️

Claristered

Mar 17, 2022
Hi guys! For those who applied for Lewis Silkin’s training contract this year, have you heard anything on whether you passed to the next stage after the application form? I still have not heard anything yet and I applied on the 1st of February. Thank you!
Hi guys! Still got nothing so far. Has anyone got a status outcome update from Lewis Silkin now? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.