• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray_ray

Standard Member
Nov 16, 2023
Has anyone done the Bird & Bird VI? Any tips for coming across well would be greatly appreciated. As would any tips on how to make the best use of the preparation time given before you speak.
Congratulations on being invited to the VI!!! If you don't mind me asking - when did you receive the invite? Also, is this for the summer VS or direct TC? Thank you :)

Reactions: Sharon Wu

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
For a question like "what sets X firm apart from other firms" should I focus on both why clients would prefer it over its competitors as well as trainees (so speak about training/work availability)?
is this for K&S? I believe that when you write about the firm’s competitive edge over its competitors also explains why clients prefer it. I would also the firm’s quality of training.

Reactions: Miss Chocolate

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
For a question like "what sets X firm apart from other firms" should I focus on both why clients would prefer it over its competitors as well as trainees (so speak about training/work availability)?
I would summarise, give an example of a firm that’s a competitor, explain how the firm can be differentiated with a specific example of that in practice e.g they use X which is unique to this firm

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
my v&e vi link isn't working and IM STRESSING did anyone else experience a glitch because ik it has a timer but I cant even see the q all I can see is the timer im gonna cry
Contact the willo team and explain, think there’s a question mark at the bottom of the page if you can see that. If not the email is [email protected]. I would take a screenshot for evidence. You could also email Aman, she responds quite quickly in my experience, [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.