• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainingcontract

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2023
for the MC firms that don't open their vacation schemes to graduates, I was wondering what my chances are applying direct TC as a fresh grad without any vacation scheme experiences with other firms? Feels like I'd be competing with career changers with a lot more experience than me

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2022
Covington
White and Case
Milbank
Freshfields

I swear to god, the lack of correspondence is making me want to blow my brains out
Same but I’m trying to rationalise it a bit so that I don’t obsessively think about when these firms will respond. I know Covington and Milbank are non-rolling, and their deadline was last week and two weeks ago, respectively. It’s likely that they’re still reviewing applications and shortlisting candidates. I’m sure there are lots of logistics behind this - e.g getting the grad rec partner to read through the application, timetabling AC dates, finding interviewers, and so that’s why it’s taking a while for them to respond. Also I don’t think anyone has heard back from Covington and Milbank yet so it’s reassuring to know that there are several others in the same situation :)

s2203

Star Member
Mar 28, 2023
You could always try calling grad recruitment, the front desk may transfer you through their switchboard. I find it silly that they aren’t getting back to peopl

You could always try calling grad recruitment, the front desk may transfer you through their switchboard. I find it silly that they aren’t getting back to people about anything.
I highly wouldn't recommend calling, they're busy enough as it is and may think you're being impatient. Just send an email and I'm sure they'll get back to you soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.