• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Currently doing my Travers Smith cover letter. Is 900 words too much or is it ok? I’m trying to cut it down but I feel like I’m removing important things.
I’d try to cut it by about 50-75 words if you can but it’s not completely necessary to do so if your writing is structured and concise:m.

Remember to not repeat info in other sections (like your work experience descriptions). This post may also help with conciseness - https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....r-applications-within-their-word-limits.3701/

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I was wondering if anyone had any good resources for gaining a deeper understanding of how deals are structured/capital is raised/how a law firm may assist etc. before I have a case study interview? Really something I feel I want to brush up on!

Know a few have recommended TCLA's M&A course - would anyone have any other suggestions/everything that would be useful to at least have a foundational knowledge of before interview? It would be very appreciated!

Victor87

Distinguished Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hi guys, does anyone have any suggestions for resources to prepare for a blended assessment(situational judgement, verbal and numerical reasoning)? @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre. I will also take a list of firms with this as part of their assessment as they might have practice tests on their websites. Many thanks in advance!!

yeezyee

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2023
Glad im not the only one! Im expecting a PFO at this point to avoid disappointment lol
same!! idk if i was just overthinking it but for some of the questions i just felt like i couldnt tell?? im normally quite decent with these kinda tests but it felt hard and also so short that i felt like every little mistake meant so much more! i wish i got a feedback report or something ah

• 🤝
Reactions: buibuui

yasmars

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
same!! idk if i was just overthinking it but for some of the questions i just felt like i couldnt tell?? im normally quite decent with these kinda tests but it felt hard and also so short that i felt like every little mistake meant so much more! i wish i got a feedback report or something ah
Hopefully the benchmark won’t be too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.