• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    I don’t think you are expected to take a particular position on this. It is more about how you position your thinking and evidence your analysis, rather than which side you think on.

I’d also stress it is rarely black and white - although I think it is important to state a clear opinion, rather than sitting on the fence, how AI is used is probably up for discussion in this question/answer rather than simply whether it should/shouldn’t be used.
    Thank you so much! Just want to clarify your last point
    how AI is used is probably up for discussion
    Should I focus on discussing how AI is used by law firms for tasks like document review and predictive analytics, or how AI is used by candidates in the recruitment processes within these firms?

D

Deleted member 27336

For the question: “why do you want to pursue a career as a solicitor at X”, do you need to go into why law and why the firm or just focus on the firm?

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
    Dec 21, 2023
    For the question: “why do you want to pursue a career as a solicitor at X”, do you need to go into why law and why the firm or just focus on the firm?
    I would tie in both, show your commitment to the law and how that led you to apply to the firm. Your reasons for why you'd apply to a firm might overlap with your own motivations.

CallumJR

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 16, 2020
    Trowers test invite. I sent my application in at 23:54 last night. Surely this is automatic?

Unless it pings up that I’m a previous interviewee (from all the way back in 2017) and that caught their attention?
    same for me - I sent in a last minute application.

Could not find any information about the test / application process in their brochure.

iz1

Jan 5, 2024
    Also, regarding Freshfields, does anyone know why they review applications in batches? Surely without looking at all of the applications they can't be certain if someone is 'worthy' of a WG/AC invite compared to all the other applicants

addy2004

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 28, 2023
    Also, regarding Freshfields, does anyone know why they review applications in batches? Surely without looking at all of the applications they can't be certain if someone is 'worthy' of a WG/AC invite compared to all the other applicants
    How do you know they review them in batches?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.