• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica!Travers Smith only allow us to put four work experience,so that‘s means I should select some representive experience which can demonstrate my ability?
I think it means that you should choose the professional experiences which best showcase your ability, your interest in business and some level of competitiveness (meaning you had to go through a rigorous process to get). This does not mean that you cannot talk about more experiences in your answers though, it just means that they are satisfied with only four work experiences in that section. So, you are right, pick something that you are proud of!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
When are spring and summer assessment centres usually conducted? Are spring ones usually earlier?
I think that it depends on the firms, majority of assessment centres are conducting in January and February for both Spring and Summer. Some firms will conduct spring assessment centres earlier than the summer ones but for instance I did one assessment centre for a summer scheme in January last year, and another one in February for the Spring.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
got a pfo from links and i haven't even finished the WG - wondering if i should email them about it or just let it be since this is my 4th time applying across 2 years :/
That seems a little bit odd, I would definitely flag it to them. Is it possible that you applied after the deadline? Maybe they sent the email because you were in their database even though they actually did not receive an application from you since you did not do the Watson Glaser. Email them as soon as you can with this, with proof if you can!

LawyerBEC

Dec 19, 2023
I've received an AC invite for my dream firm (!!), and I can select two possible days. The AC is from 9am til 4pm and I have PGDL finals exams on both available dates from 9:30-3:45. I've emailed my university and also the law firm but I am so stressed - anyone have any words of wisdom? Praying I can defer an exam.
Hi @Jessica Booker I was wondering if you've ever heard of this before? Not being able to attend an assessment centre date due to exams?

futuretrainee2025

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    Usually yes (quite sure it is the case for HSF and Mischon based on previous exp)
    I think that it depends on the firms, majority of assessment centres are conducting in January and February for both Spring and Summer. Some firms will conduct spring assessment centres earlier than the summer ones but for instance I did one assessment centre for a summer scheme in January last year, and another one in February for the Spring.
    Thank you both!! Am I at a disadvantage if I apply for a Spring scheme over a Summer scheme if they both have the same rolling deadline? I assume they screen Spring ones first and there's a month until the deadline!

Reactions: axelbeugre

anasat

Oct 15, 2023
    That seems a little bit odd, I would definitely flag it to them. Is it possible that you applied after the deadline? Maybe they sent the email because you were in their database even though they actually did not receive an application from you since you did not do the Watson Glaser. Email them as soon as you can with this, with proof if you can!
    no i applied a couple of days before the deadline! i just got a reminder email about the watson glaser yesterday saying i have 3 days to complete, so will attach that as proof. thanks axel!

Reactions: axelbeugre

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    same happened to me with CMS - they had updated the correspondence on the portal but i never received their email

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Thank you both!! Am I at a disadvantage if I apply for a Spring scheme over a Summer scheme if they both have the same rolling deadline? I assume they screen Spring ones first and there's a month until the deadline!
    I do not think you are going to be at a disadvantage. Spring schemes are less competitive than Summer schemes since some international students cannot attend them (same goes with the Winter schemes) so I would say that you would have the same chances as if you were applying to the Summer scheme.

Reactions: futuretrainee2025
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.