• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
Do people still use forage virtual experience? Is it a useful tool? Can you like this message if you have used forage in the last 6 months to use it to get to know a firm/apply for a scheme?
I personally like to do them if I can so that I have have it as evidence for my interest in the firm and its practice areas, so its useful for "why this firm" or a cover letter to talk about what you enjoyed about the tasks!

Reactions: NJS

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Hi, have you completed it yet? I was wondering if you have any tips?
    I completed it yesterday. It’s just scenario questions of most likely/least likely and then there are some emails you read and have to decide what the best response is. Some have a numerical element so just reading the information and picking the correct answer.

Then you have 2? video questions (2 minutes to say your answers) and a long case study that you have to answer at the end. Everything is untimed so it’s quite chilled.

You get a feedback report 2 minutes after submitting.

i’d say it’s the same as A&O but with an added case study at the end.

good luck!

D

Deleted member 9747

Applied for HL's vac scheme 24/10 and have still not received the WG invite. Shall I just take it as a rejection or follow up with GR as I thought the test was supposed to me automatic

Filia

Jul 5, 2023
    Hi all. Could anyone advise on how to best prep for the Arctic Shores games-based assessment? I’m aware of the jobtestprep subscription which lets you practise the games, but would be grateful for any other suggestions.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    How common is it to be applying for vacation schemes as a law student in your final year because you couldn't secure a TC as a penultimate? Its hard not to feel inadequate when you're approaching graduation and you know others who managed to get a TC yet its still uncertain for you😅
    It’s common enough - I have seen plenty of people do it with firms they are eligible to apply for.

I’d say recruiters see slightly less third years apply though generally - I suspect where many choose to focus on their studies rather than invest time into the recruitment process. Many people do still go for it though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.