• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica!For the work experience part, do we need to use bullet point or write as paragraph?
In a CV, bullet points. In an application form, full sentences/paragraphs unless there is the functionality to format bullet points into the application form (eg a button that allows you to format the text box, a bit like this forum).

islasorna

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 29, 2023
I need to complete my DLA VI by Thursday but really can’t shake my nerves. I’m worried it’s going to reflect when I talk and I have no idea how to deal with it — any tips, please?

I feel like no matter how much I prepare, there’ll be a random question pop up of which I don’t know the answer, and it’ll completely throw me! I’m trying to be confident, but would really appreciate any help.
Hey, how did your VI go? I have a couple days left to do it but I keep putting it off because my nerves are getting the best of me!

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
Massively struggling with the 100 character limit to the question about how I’ve showed improvement since my last application for Taylor Wessing 😩so painful!

Last edited:

AK001

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Wondering how many marks people get out of Simmons' online test? I got a low percentage for some of the areas but thought the test wasn't super difficult. Would be gutted to have made the effort for 4 vi questions only to find out I failed the benchmark for the test part haha

Massively struggling with the 100 character limit to the question about how I’ve showed improvement since my last application for Taylor Wessing 😩so painful!
It's actually so jarring that we're expected to provide a detailed/personalised answer for each question in 1000 characters or less...

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
Hi! Bit of a panic- my VI seems to be frozen on the example question and no matter how much time has passed there is no button to proceed to the next stage of the interview. I have reloaded the page and even restarted my laptop but it is still stuck on the example question. The email address for the VI software help blocked my message which is just great. I've emailed grad rec but I know they get a lot of emails so I'm not sure if they will see it in time... has anyone else had this problem before?? I'm really keen on this firm and I feel so disheartened that I'm having so many technical issues, I really hope it hasn't saved my attempt like this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.