• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
I understand your frustration - it’s rather unfair to leave applicants hanging for so long, especially since there may be certain arrangements that need to be made to accommodate the ac timings they provide (and from my experience, the choices are very limited).

Did W&C’s grad rec mention what is taking them so long? I’ve definitely seen people on this forum, who were invited to complete the VI after me, progress to the AC.
Yeah I can tell you exactly the situation. I did my VI 7 weeks ago, and got the rejection today after insisting to get a response ASAP. I argued them that people doing VI after me getting AC invitation. So basically, they want to offer the people they like first and leave the rejection to the end, probably in case they fill one spot or two with those who are waiting. However, basically if you don’t get a response post VI within 2 to 3 weeks, it 90% a rejection. That’s what I understood from W&C process.
I got my rejection only when I insisted to get it.

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2022
Yeah I can tell you exactly the situation. I did my VI 7 weeks ago, and got the rejection today after insisting to get a response ASAP. I argued them that people doing VI after me getting AC invitation. So basically, they want to offer the people they like first and leave the rejection to the end, probably in case they fill one spot or two with those who are waiting. However, basically if you don’t get a response post VI within 2 to 3 weeks, it 90% a rejection. That’s what I understood from W&C process.
I got my rejection only when I insisted to get it.
Thank you for sharing this! Is this what they told you?? This is quite disheartening tbh - I feel like it’s better if they just ripped the plaster off sooner rather than later (so to speak).

Don’t let this experience put you down!! You still managed to secure a VS elsewhere. I would focus on the wins instead :)

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    I would highlight 3 reasons why you are making that decision:
    • Is it because of the diverse clients the region has to offer?
    • Is it because of the practice area you are interested in which is well positioned in the region compared to others?
    • Is it because of the nature of the the deals and cases that region deals with?
    These are some of the things I would consider and potentially discuss.
    Thank you so much, this is really helpful! :)

Reactions: axelbeugre

farr_x

Jan 29, 2024
    For those waiting for Dentons I just had a call with GR and they said they take time to give people AC because they review applications in stages. So those waiting still be hopeful. Also once you’ve done the AC you hear back in a week
    Hey, would you happen to know if they are doing ACs separately for direct TCs? I know people have been invited to their AC for the vac scheme, but heard nothing regarding direct TCs

lonelycruise

Esteemed Member
    Oct 2, 2023
    Random question, but when does the vacation scheme for Cooley actually run from- weirdly can’t seem to find the dates online?
    This is what it said in the virtual interview invite,

'We have not yet set the dates for our Summer Programme (and typically do this in collaboration with those who are offered places) but anticipate the programme(s) to run sometime in the window 17 June to 12 July 2024. Please let us know if you have unavoidable conflicts around this time.'

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.