• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I think it depends on the firm. One firm may value leadership over resilience while it could easily be the other way around. A general list of qualities though (in no particular order):

Self awareness
A drive to learn
Determination
Adaptability
An interest in the firm’s work
Collaboration skills
Time mamagement
Resilience
Problem solving
Analytical thinking
Drive/proactiveness
Communication skills (written and spoken)
Commercial awareness
Open mindedness
Positivity
The ability to simplify the difficult
Originality/independent thought
Willingness to drive your own career/development forward
Thank you @Jessica Booker

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi everyone,

I haven’t been too active on the forum since my HSF rejection post-AC as it was my dream firm and with all the effort I put in, it was tough to keep going. As such, I said I was done with this cycle following that outcome.

However, I’ve had 10 days to pick myself up and am now even more motivated for this cycle to end positively.

Since then, I’ve had a Mishcon VI invite and a Baker SJT invite, while I still have a Taylor Wessing AC coming up soon.

Still waiting on W&C, Travers, HL, and Dentons (don’t know where they’ve disappeared off to) but the small wins are enough to try and stay optimistic.

It’s a tough process and just wanted to let everyone know how proud you should be of yourselves for continuing to apply and keep going, despite the PFOs. We’ll all get there in the end, and I appreciate this community immensely. Rooting for you all.
The process is brutal but you are doing so well and you should be so proud of yourself. You are an inspiration for many I am sure and seeing the amount of small wins you have shared despite your rejection from HSF shows how you are destined to be a lawyer.

Always believe in your dream and your goal, despite all the rejections and the nos that you will see on your path. I wish you all the best with your assessment centres and video interviews.

pb15

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2021
Anyone who got the Cooley interview invite, have you been allocated your time/date? I emailed grad rec to ask yday and they told me we’d heard back sometime yesterday, however I havent received anything.

Reactions: lonelycruise

PFO King

Feb 2, 2024
just got rejected from Macfarlanes post AC, yet to recieve feedback from them. I think my negotiations, interview and casestudy went really well. However, the written exercise was torture i dont think i sufficiently answered the question. Keeping my head up, it was my first AC. Hopefully more to come im still awaiting responses from a few firms post application and and post vi. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.